Monday, July 13, 2015

Breakfast in a Mug



$5/4 at Target!
I wanted to pick up a small token of appreciation for the teachers at Dash's preschool, but I was at a loss for what would make a good, inexpensive gift. I wanted to get them something that was both useful and thoughtful and since he had four teachers this year, it had to be the right price too. Then I stumbled upon these beauties at Target. They were four for $5 and I began to formulate the perfect gift...Breakfast in a Mug. Or in this case a travel cup.

I made a batch of fresh blueberry muffins for the kids' breakfast. I didn't need all those carbs tempting me. So I wrapped one up for each teacher.

I wasn't sure if his teachers were tea or coffee people so I decided to add both. I riffled through my tea supply and picked out some chamomile, English Breakfast and vanilla chai. 

Later, I picked up a pack of the Starbucks instant coffees. (Just to clarify I am a Peet's person and I feel very strongly about it, but Starbucks is walking distance from my house. Stop judging me.)

I added some bows and a little note that said, "Thanks!" on top and voila!

Since I had the blueberry muffins and tea on hand, my out of pocket expense was $15, which works out to $3.75 per gift. Not too shabby!




These would make a great gift for any affair. You could make them up for bridesmaids and hand them out on the morning of the wedding. Or for Boss Appreciation Day. (Which is Friday, October 16th this year in case you are wondering.) You could even whip them up to welcome a new neighbor into your neighborhood.

Who would you make them for? Tell me in the comments!


8 comments:

  1. I love this idea and the cups are so cute! The Target dollar section is a dangerous place for me!! Thanks for sharing with us on the Momma Told Me Link Party! We hope you'll come back again!

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the dollar section of Target is Mom kryptonite. It's our only weakness. Ok, that and maybe coffee. Thanks for the link party invite! I'd love to come back. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great gift idea!! I sometimes have friends that just need a little something and this would be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My sister-in-law did these as party favors at my baby shower last year and they were a hit. She made fleece sleeves for them and popped a $5 gift card in them. You could really do it so many ways!

      Delete
  3. I love this idea- so creative and incredibly cute! Totally pinning :) Found you at the Momma Told Me Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad I jumped into the Link Party. There are so many great blogs to follow!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE everything about this idea! It's cute, practical, and those mugs are darling. Now I need a trip to Target. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: I haven't seen these at Target lately but I just saw them at Walmart this week for the same price. Stock up!

      Delete